Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Blogs I Read

American and Iranian Relations
I find this blog really interesting because the author not only covers modern day problems between American and Iran, but also provides the historical knowledge that goes along with it. Some of the information that I cover on my blog is also covered on this blog as well. It allows me to see a different point of view on information that I was/am writing on. If you want to learn about the voting "scandal" or anything else, you should check out this blog.



The impact of Superweapons

I find this blog interesting because both superweapons and superdefense is covered. The author shows how the two actually go hand in hand with each other. Information is covered from Star Wars (the movies) to "Star Wars" (the Reagan administrations SDI attempt). There are posts of Weapon of the Week and other things to keep the reader interested. I have learned a lot about new technological advances in warfare that could come about in the next few years. Anyone who likes technology, warfare, or learning in general should spend a couple minutes on this blog.



Battles between Race and Healthcare

Personally, I appose the new proposed healthcare bills that are running through the House and Senate in Washington right now. However, I did not think it to be a racial issue. Through this blog, I have seen that there are some racial tensions tied to this bill. A large amount of the people who would receive help from this bill are African Americans, and the proposed cuts from Social Security would affect the older generation that lived through the Civil Rights Movement. While these battles with racism may be subconscious, they are still there. Still, I appose the healthcare bill, but I see where the author draws the notion that some could be basing their support or dissent on racism.



No comments:

Post a Comment